Tuesday 2 December 2014

FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN

The festival of Britain was a national exhibition held in Britain in Summer 1951. 

The fesival had a lot going on and was very colourful and vibrant riding all the negativity that had been left from the war.
 

If I was to of designed something for the festival I think I would have designed an over sized throne as a tourist attraction for families and friends to take photos on to remind them of their experience at the festival. 

I've chose a more modern idea, getting inspiration from the oversized beech chair usually located at butlins campuses across England. 


I've chosen to use a throne design and Union Jack as this represents The United Kingdom and the royal family that most people love and look up to and are reminded of when associated with 'England'. 

I think this design would have been a fun aspect to the festival to bring originality and excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment